The Official Injury Claims portal, an online system, has been established to authorise claimants to file their claims without legal representation.
Hence, on the portal, you can schedule medical evidence, hand over details of your claim, and contact the motor insurers you are filling out the claim form. The claimant, following the new reforms, must be:
- Age over 18
- Injured in a road traffic accident (also known as RTA)
- Accidents on or after the 31st of May 2021
- Endured whiplash injuries
- A driver or a passenger of a motor vehicle (however, it does not include motorbikes and scooters)
- Injuries are worth less than £5000
Filing a Claim on the Official Injury Claims Portal
It must be taken into consideration that the total value of your claim is less than £10000 while filing a claim through the official injury claims portal. The claim would be affected in the following ways:
- Filing all personal injury claims through a new Official Injury Claim Portal
- Additionally, whiplash injuries will be evaluated on the authority of a fixed tariff
- Your compensation will not include your legal fees or costs
- Similarly, instructing solicitors( or engaging any legal representation) to assist you in bringing your claim cannot occur
- Cannot make propositions to settle a claim before a medical report has been obtained
Factors Affecting Your Claim on the Official Injury Claims Portal
Whiplash injuries are experienced in other accidents, such as non-road traffic accidents. Hence, do not come under the new 2021 whiplash reforms that only relate to road traffic accidents—additionally, personal injury claims of road traffic accidents made by pedestrians.
|Duration of Injury
|Not more than 3 months
|More than 3 months, but not more than 6 months
|More than 6 months, but not more than 9 months
|More than 9 months, but not more than 12 months
|More Than 12 months, but not more than 15 months
|More than 15 months, but not more than 18 months
|More than 18 months, but not more than 24 months
However, if you were injured in a road accident, your claim would not be affected by a cyclist, a motorcyclist, or a scooter rider. Therefore, the following tariffs will be used to value whiplash injuries, introduced under the new reforms, based on how long the injury lasted and if there are psychological symptoms accompanying the injury.
For further information regarding the official injury claims portal, Contact us now. Alternatively, schedule a call back via (01282) 786 185 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org today!