The signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder include hypervigilance, negativity and mood swings. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or trauma symptoms can result from many painful experiences. However, there are methods to increase your resilience and ensure your mental well-being.
1. One of the most effective methods to restore your confidence is to give back to others by helping them. Engaging in positive actions directly combats the feeling of despair, a typical sign of PTSD.
a. Volunteer your time and blood donation
b. Help an individual in need
c. Donate to your preferred charity
2. Exercise can help release endorphins that enhance overall mood and outlook of PTSD and CPTSD
a. pay attention to how your body is feeling
b. be mindful of everything, e.g., the sensations when your feet hit the ground
c. focus on your body movements
3. Find someone you can talk to for an extended time frame, or be there when you need to speak without judgment, criticism, or becoming distracted.
a. Spend your time volunteering for causes
b. Offer help to someone in need
c. Participate or join a PTSD trauma support group
4. Always look after yourself and establish healthy habits. It is recommended because the signs and symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder trauma can be different for your body.
a. Engage in methods of relaxation like meditation
b. Keep your energy levels and mind balanced by eating healthy
c. Aim for between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every night
5. Please avoid the use of substances like alcohol. If you’re dealing with emotional turmoil and painful memories, you may be attracted to self-medication.